Monday, December 1, 2008

Travel Delays


Wow, Thailand is in pretty bad shape right now. The majority of the middle class in Thailand is protesting against the government and has taken over the the major airports in Bangkok and shut them down for a week now. This has caused an amazing amount of damage to the country, not to mention my travel plans.

I have finally booked new travel at an additional cost and a two week delay, but never-the-less, I will be going on vacation! My new itinerary is as follows:

I depart SFO on December 11th
Arriving in Tokyo on December 12th

I hope to hop on a train as soon as possible and head south to perhaps Hiroshima or maybe even Fukuoka and work my way back. I would like to stop by Himeji, Osaka, Kyoto, and Shizuoka. I hope to find at least one or two nice onsen along the way.


Once back in Tokyo I plan on going to Harajuku, Shibuya, Asakusa, Imperial Palace, Roppongi, and Yokohama. I am looking forward to meeting some great people, having Christmas in Tokyo, and having a party with friends on the 26th.

I depart Tokyo on December 29th for Bangkok and arrive that night.
On the 30th I will make my way to Koh Samui for some Island fun and plan to be there for New Years.

Then I will take a boat to Koh Tao for more island fun and then Scuba lessons.

Around the 7th of January, I will make my way back to Bangkok for some sightseeing until the 12th when I return to SFO.

It should be a great trip and I am really looking forward to it. I hope Thailand can get itself back in shape soon.

2 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

What a good life!!!

Anyway take care of yourself
and don't trust even in your shadow!!!

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

hey!
I went to Thailand during new years...actually was in Koh Samui when that big tsumani hit a few years back...i don't know if you'll hit it but if you want craziness there is a full moon party near Koh Samui.
Don't know exactly what day but if you ask around I'm sure people will let you know...its craziness.