Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tokyo!

Before I left Shizuoka we went to a tea ceremony and it was amazing! I really enjoyed it.



It was so hard to leave my new friends from Shizuoka.



I am in Tokyo now! Awesome place!

I arrived in Tokyo yesterday and met Koichi who is hosting me this week. He has a nice but very small place in a great neighborhood called Shinjuku. It's a tiny hallway containing a kitchen, shower and toilet room and then a door to a small bedroom. That's it.

Last night when I arrived we walked around a bit. I was able to see Shinjuku at night, also Harajuku and Shibuya. We had a nice tempura dinner and then went to a sento or Japanese traditional bath house for a nice soak in hot water. It was pretty relaxing and put me to sleep.

Today, I was on my own again as Koichi is working. I went around Shibuya a bit and Harajuku. It was so quiet as it's really a night time place. Then I made my way to Akihabara. That is the electronics city. What an amazing place! They have every gadget and gizmo you can imagine and some you can't. All the games, electronics, etc. It was fun to walk around and check them out but it was pretty overwhelming as well. Also in this area are quite a few "maid cafes". I had to check them out! Here, you can find cute girls dressed up in various outfits catering to the geeks. It's pricey but fun. It's a pretty good business and I am sure makes a ton of money off of the shy and geeky types who want some interaction with cute girls but don't know how to get it.

After a long day walking around, I made my way back to the apartment for some relaxing before dinner.

Shinjuku at night when I arrived.



A nice guy I met at the Maid Cafe who was a regular and had many pictures of the girls he often went to see there. I received a picture with my girl as well but will have to upload it another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loren
would like to say you Merry Chirstmas!!

Bcoz it is stupid hotmail and also gmail right now, i can't send mail with them..Poor me!

Wish you another wonderful day!
Psavvy

Anonymous said...

Brother sounds like you are having a great time, and maybe you are feeling alot better. That's great!!! When you are soaking in some big Bath House remember to do some soul searching to see where the rest of your life is supose to go. hee hee Anyway, I love you. Have fun Bro. Lisa P.S. Have you found a cute Girl to bring home to meet the Famdamily?