Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kyoto Day 1

Today was my first whole day in Kyoto and it was a great day!

Again, I woke up around 3 am and then laid in bed until about 7 am and then got ready. This jet lag is killing me. haha. After a few failed tries, I found a place to get some breakfast. There are not many places in the area I am staying. Then I walked toward Kiyomizu Temple and on the way met Junko, a really nice girl who showed me around.














Junko and I went to Kiyomizu Temple, Ryozen Kwan-on, and Heian Jingu Shrine.















Junko had to go back home to Shizuoka so I took a nap and then later that night I went to Arashiyama for the Hanatouro Light festival. It was very beautiful. I met a couple very nice college students who went way out of their way to go with me and show me around.


Then I made my way back to my Ryokan for a good night sleep.

Cheers.

Loren

1 comment:

Lance Walley said...

Hey Loren, looks like you're having a good time over there.

Hope you're not sick anymore.

Meet some Japanese hotties to show you around and show you a good time :-).

--- Lance