Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stress, Health, New Directions

Wow! I now realize just how much my stress level is tied to my health. Yes, I have been sick a lot of this trip through Asia but it was due to a bad cold. As for my constant stomach ache and digestive issues, they have been almost non-existent this trip. Over the last couple of days though, I have noticed my stomach issues slowly coming back and I think it is very much related to the fact that I know I will return to the states tomorrow and I am thinking about it and starting to stress out again.

I have always known the mind is powerful and can control your state of being but controlling the mind is another story. I have even more to think about now after this trip, the future of my life and my goals. Where I want to go in life and what I want to do. How I want to live my life.

I know I need to see more of the world and live globally. America and San Francisco is not big enough for me. I need more culture, more adventure, more languages, different foods, different love, more friends, less stress, more challenges. It's my life and time doesn't wait for anyone.

I have witnessed some amazing acts of kindness from perfect strangers who can barely communicate with me. I have been blessed to feel the same sun but in parts of the world where it feels so much more comforting and displays it's beauty in a way that melts your heart and inspires your mind.

I wish everyone could spend more time feeling the love of this beautiful planet shine down on them while they sail on the big blue rather than the glow of their computer screen in a prison called a cubicle. When you finally stop to breathe and look up, you realize you are old and life has been flying by without concern. You realize you missed a thousands beautiful sunsets, dinners with strangers who are your best friends, tasting exotic foods you never knew existed or only read about on Google.

The hardest part is not knowing what is right or what should be done. It is taking action and doing it. Perhaps, knowing if I should go to the right or to the left. I know it should be one of those directions rather than straight. We all know where this path goes, it is the same as where we have been. If we want to go somewhere new, we must change direction, change our present to improve our future.

I have a long flight ahead of me, plenty of time to think about the right direction to go.

I love you all.

Loren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU BROTHER, LISA

Anonymous said...

:) Hi loren
now you are on the western part of the wold. but we still live under same beautiful sky. i need to explore this wonderful world also. now i have limitation. but i have a dream and i will reach as soon as i can.
send peace and love from thailand. take care :)
Anyar