Thursday, January 1, 2009

Koh Samui

I am in Koh Samui and had a wonderful new year night! Pui has been a great host and I think I would have been lost without her. Thailand is so different, like nothing I was prepared for. Some good and beatiful and some bad.

I was able to see the real Thailand when I visited Pui's home town in the country. The living conditions were something we don't get to experience in America. I am greatful for that experience. Unfortunately, some things were stolen from my bag during the flight there and my camera charger was one of them. So now I am looking for another one but it's not looking good and my battery is dead so no pictures. :(

Also, I am sick again. Or I should say still sick but got worse again. I think I have a fever tonight. I hope I can get well for scuba diving but I am worried it's not looking good for me. I will try to take it easy. Seems like everything has been going wrong here in Thailand. I hope things turn around as it's not a good start to the year.

Anyway, I am happy to experience this new and exciting country even if it comes with the bad.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Blessings.

Loren

3 comments:

Anyar said...

Hi Loren :)

sorry to hear that you still sick. but in Thailand have many things to do. so you will not lost and can enjoy all. :) the south of thailand is the wonderful place. and i think you can visit again when you move to asia. and you will have more time for travel soon :)

and so sorry that i'm so late reply. now i'm in Loas. a bit tired trip. cause everythins is strict with my time and i didn't prepare anything. i will go back soon and maybe write about this trip in my blogs.

anyway, Happy New Year.
Hope you get well soon.
Anyar

Anonymous said...

Brother, Sorry to hear about your stolen items. Extra sad to hear about the camera equipment. I'm glad you have a friend over there to be with, it does make all the difference in the world. I hope your health improves so as to enjoy more. Love you tons, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi son!! I, too, am sorry to learn of the loss of your battery charger. Wierd how that happens! Could have been worse, you could have lost the camera, and many other things too. I so wish your health would improve. If I were you, I would not go scuba diving! But rest more and drink more juice etc. Also, I'm glad you were not at that place in Bangkok where the big fire occurred!!! I worried! TONS OF LOVE, DAD