Monday, October 12, 2009

Living In Tokyo!

I have been living in Tokyo just over a week and a half now and I am finally getting my first post up. Sorry for the delay. It's been pretty crazy and has taken a while to get settled. I am probably not even really settled yet but good enough for now.

My journey started off pretty great with an unexpected upgrade to Business Class at the airport in San Francisco. Wow! That is the way to travel. So comfortable and relaxing with almost a full reclining bed, my own T.V. and plenty of space between me and the people around me. The food is way better also. Here are a couple pics of what I ate.



Then I met my new friend Seiko who helped me get my prepaid Softbank cellphone. We had a great day and I don't know what I would have done without her. Thank you Kumiko for introducing me to Seiko, she is a sweetie.



Then on Friday night I met another new friend, Takehiro who invited me to his International Friends party on Saturday in Shinjuku. There were so many people from different countries there it was really cool. I had a great time. Too bad I had to return to my hostel I was staying at before the curfew at 11 pm. :(



Lili, a nice girl from France who was staying at the same hostel and I hung out for a bit and went to Meiji jingu shrine in Yoyogi Park and walked around a bit. She will be living in Tokyo for a while and looking for work.



Yoyogi Park is located in or near Harajuku which is a great place to see all sorts of fun and interesting things on the weekends such as street performers and crazy fashion.




Then I met my friend Jun for dinner at a delicious yakiniku restaurant. Made friends with an older Japanese guy staying in my room at the Hostel who then paid for my taxi when I moved to my guest house. Amazing how nice people can be sometimes. :)

I made some friends with my new roommates and finally met Kayoko from Osaka. We went to Odaiba and walked around the Fuji TV station and the Toyota showroom. We also played some games at the Sega game building called Joypolis.




This week I need to focus on my schoolwork as I was told it will be 4 hours of classroom work a day and 6 hours of homework a day. So 10 hours everyday of Japanese study. I hope after 9 months of this I will be pretty fluent. :)

がんばります!

No comments: